I thought it was about time to get the basics down for all those adult affiliates out there who might be seeking to earn some money from their existing adult websites or blogs.
There are millions of bloggers out there who have large audiences, and many of them do not realize that while they are adding hot pics of girls or guys for their readers to appreciate they could be earning a modest income with just adding a link or two.
I am gonna be honest here and say that it annoys me a little.
I have a collection of blogs where I have spent years building up thousands of regular readers, and I earn a good income from those readers clicking through a link to join a site.
It takes some work, so when I see great adult blogs out there failing to earn any money from it when all they need to do is add a banner, it pisses me off!
Some of them have thousands of hits a day, and with their kind of traffic all they need to do is add maybe one post of content from an adult site every week with the right links and they could be making an income from it.
Let’s start this off by answering the question of what an affiliate is, and what the arrangement is.
What Is An Affiliate?
An adult affiliate is someone who earns money by promoting an adult site, service or product on behalf of someone else. In our case, an adult site provides you with photos and videos to embed in your posts, and you provide a link back to their site.
It is a good arrangement. You are given media to post for your audience, and the site gets the visitors that you send them. But you also get a payment for everyone you send to them who signs up for a membership.
It really is that simple, but a lot of bloggers do not do it because they think it is too complicated, or they believe the money is not going to be worth it.
The truth is, you can make a few hundred dollars a month by adding one or two posts a day – something a lot of bloggers already do, but without earning any money at all!
So, this is the post intended to help all of you adult webmasters with a good following make some money. I am gonna start this assuming you already have an adult blog with some good traffic.
- Choose Your Sponsor(s). A sponsor is basically an adult site, you can choose however many you like. I have a few fantastic sponsors on my list that I love to promote, and some of them are my top converting sites too. The best ways to choose a sponsor is to assess who your audience is. So think about who reads your blog, what kinds of women or guys they are interested in, or what kind of action they like to watch. Then you need to find a site that provides that. For instance, if you have a blog where you love to post pics of really sexy webcam models, you might want to promote Chaturbate. If your audience loves milf women or you maybe you have an adult dating site, you would probably want to promote CrakRevenue offers or the dating sites from DatingFactory.
- Sign up to an affiliate program. This is a lot easier than you might think. You just click through to their affiliate sign up page and fill out your details as an affiliate for them (some choose to check new affiliates before agreeing to accept them, but the vast majority accept new affiliates automatically).
- Log in to get content. The most of adult sponsors have a library of content for you to use, and most update this every time a new scene or gallery arrives on their site. So, if you are an affiliate for XLoveCash, you log into your affiliate area and collect either photos or videos, add them to your next blog post, and link them using your own affiliate link, which they supply.
- Using your link. Most sponsors (adults sites) provide two options. You can either promote them on a PPS (pay per signup) or a Rev Share (a percentage of all re-bills). A PPS option means that when you send someone to their site and that person signs up, you get a flat amount. So if the PPS rate is $30, you get that for every time someone joins that site after coming there from your blog. The Rev Share option is often considered better for site that you imagine would be able to keep members, because this means that you get a share of that members payment every month. So, if the Rev Share is set at %50, and the monthly membership fee is $29.99, every month you get $14.99 from that member for as long as they remain a member of that site. So you can imagine that if you send 50 people to that site from your blog and they sign up and remain members you’ll be earning $749 every month.
- Creating your post. As a blogger, you probably have an audience of a few thousand readers who check out everything you post. So, all you need to do is create a post of the recent video added to your sponsors site and link the images – or add a banner or text link – to that sponsor. All affiliates are given their own links in their affiliate admin areas on the sponsor sites. You can usually switch back and forth between a PPS or Rev Share link as it suits you. It is up to you how you present the post. You could be commenting on the hot pics, talking about the action, or directly promoting the site as one you think your readers might enjoy. Be creative and interesting, do not turn people off by trying to sell too hard.
To recap, you sign up to a sponsor site, they give you photos and videos to post and provide you with unique links which will track all the people you send to them.
When one of those people signs up for a membership, you get a cut of the profit (PPS – a one off payment of perhaps 50%, and Rev Share – an ongoing monthly share of the membership fee).
Does that sound too simple? Well, it really is that simple.
If you are looking for amazing themes then I can recommend you MyThemeShop. This is a popular WordPress theme shop offering various premium and free WordPress themes. Their themes are super SEO friendly, powerful, elegant, customizable and they load ridiculously fast. I am using some of their themes on my adult and mainstream sites and I am very pleased.
Check out my list of adult sponsors and get promoting them (currently only listing my favorite adult sponsors), and you could be making a full time income from the blog you already love to work on!
Also make sure you read my post 10 Top Tips For Working From Home As An Adult Affiliate where I give you my best advices and I mention things that I think everyone should think about.
If you want to check out my other posts then I think you should head over to my archive page and remember to take a peek at my adult affiliate forum where you can ask me anything. I am always happy to help a fellow affiliate.